Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What A Stupid Word. Floss.

I have a dentist appointment this morning.

I have to be there in 30 minutes. From right now. But I'm still not fully ready. And I am on here writing instead of getting up and moving towards the door.

And not because I hate the dentist, in fact, quite the opposite, I love my dentist. I love the office, I love the receptionist, and the dental hygienists are all very nice, and very friendly.

I'm still sitting here, procrastinating because I haven't been flossing for the last month. I keep forgetting- coupled with the fact that at some point about a month ago SOMEONE (Brat I believe) brought the floss out of the bathroom, and the baby played with it. I don't know where it is. And that's an excuse- a weak one at that.

I haven't flossed because I don't care. There! I said it!

I do not care if I floss.

If the floss is right there, I will use it. I know it's great for removing plaque, and aerating the space between teeth and blah blah blah. None of those is the reason I floss. I floss because I feel guilty going to the dentist if I haven't been flossing- I don't want to disappoint him.

He's nice about it. Makes a joke, "Well, I'll get more business when your teeth fall out I suppose! I'll just have to go into orthodontics as you age."

So, yes, I haven't flossed lately. And he'll notice, and he'll tease me. And I deserve it for not flossing or, more precisely, for not caring that I haven't been flossing.

So I have to remember to buy new dental floss on the way home.

But for now, I have to suck it up and go get my cleaning done. Dammit.

P.S. Now that I've written the post, and gone over it to double check it, the actual word "FLOSS" has lost all meaning to me. I keep seeing it, looking at it, now I'm thinking, "What a stupid word." I hate it when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share comments. If I find your comment offensive- which is pretty hard since I am *almost* unoffendable- I won't publish it.