Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blondie's Is A Good Day.

Today was a busy day.

First just being awake was traumatic. I fell asleep last night folding clean laundry. So, I went to bed at the unheard of time of 11pm (that is incredibly early for me). Monster woke up at 6 and I got up around 6:30 this morning.

Then I went with my cousin to donate blood (I usually go about every 8 weeks but while I was pregnant and nursing I didn't so, this was my first time in the last 2 years). My blood was flowing too slowly today (apparently drinking three coffees and two diet cokes was NOT what they meant by "hydrate yourself") so they only collected one unit instead of the usual volume.

Then I went for lunch. I was starving and I've been waiting patiently (tried a couple times but it was closed) to try Blondie's Restaurant Blondie's Restaurant on Urbanspoonfor years. My husband came home once with a 1 lb burger. He loved it so much because of the owner (we love going someplace honest and upfront).  He was so impressed and amazed by her and her establishment that he would love me to go to her and get a job with her, because he's dead sure I'd love working there. So, I've been wanting, and waiting to go for years now.

Until today. After donating blood, myself, my cousin and a friend went to Blondie's. We got there about 12(ish). There are 'Rules' on the wall. I read them carefully.

"Ordering a milkshake when it is busy will result in DEATH" and "If you have complaints about our food, prices, or service- McDonald's is right down the street" are my two favourites- but I liked (and agreed with) the rest of them just as much.

So, I went for it. I asked the waitress if it was too busy for me to have a 7 scoop of ice cream shake. She looked around, thought briefly and okayed it. I ordered the 1/4 lb burger and fries. My cousin had chicken fingers, and my friend ordered a tuna salad sandwich. The waitress looked up from her pad, "That's going to be a while, she's pretty busy with making burgers."

Friend said, "That's just fine." The waitress left and took our order in to "Blondie".

From the kitchen we hear, "That's going to take FOREVER!! FOREVER! A LONG TIME! FOREVER!" I loved it.

The sandwich was the first thing to arrive. And it looked good. Nice thick brown bread, looked super soft and fresh and the lettuce was nice and green and crisp. A good sandwich.

The burger and chicken and fries arrived, and they were all delicious. The bacon (standard on burgers) was thick cut and crisp and so tasty. Loved the burger, but couldn't finish because it was simply too big (the 1/4 lb is AFTER cooking).

Then my milkshake arrived. And here's where it got gooooooood. It was so thick the straw stood straight up. It was FULL of strawberries. REAL strawberries. The shake was so heavy with ice cream that I made my cohorts try it. It was simply the best shake I've ever had. I don't know how much I paid for it.

Frankly, I don't care how much she charged me for it. I would pay $15.00 for that shake on a regular basis.

All in all, a good day. And I will be going back to Blondie's again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share comments. If I find your comment offensive- which is pretty hard since I am *almost* unoffendable- I won't publish it.